Goal: The learner will be able to accurately screen for and identify hazardous substance use, direct patients with substance use problems to an appropriate level of care, and create and implement a brief intervention and education tailored to patients with substance use problems.
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Employ motivational interviewing techniques to develop rapport with the patient
- Interpret appropriate screening tools and intervention techniques for hazardous substance use problems based on patient history and characteristics
- Implement a brief intervention that is tailored to the patient and the severity of the substance use problem
- Triage patients to the appropriate level of care within your practice
- Provide the patient with education and resources needed
MODULES IN THIS TRAINING ACTIVITY
- Basics of SBIRT in Primary Care (for providers in Oklahoma)
AUDIENCE AND ACCREDITATION
Audience:Physicians & primary care providers
|AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™||1.5hr(s)||4/6/14||4/5/17|
Accreditation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
A letter of completion for up to 1.5 hour(s) is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
FUNDINGInitial development of this activity was supported by a contract from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (##HHSN271200900036C).