This activity is designed to change: Competence, Performance, Patient Outcome. 3 hr(s)
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Select and utilize tobacco, alcohol, and drug use screening tools with patients.
- Perform brief interventions for tobacco and substance use problems with patients.
- Follow-up with and reassess patients who receive treatment for substance abuse or tobacco use.
- Apply the SBIRT approach to substance use problems at a comprehensive and integrated level by individualizing screening and brief interventions for different patients.
Modules in this Training Activity
- SBIRT: Brief and Effective Screening for Hazardous Substance Use
- SBIRT: Brief Intervention and Other Treatments
- SBIRT: Referral to Treatment & Follow-up Care
- SBIRT: In Practice
Audience and Accreditation
A letter of completion for up to 3 hour(s) is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
Initial development of this activity was supported by a contract from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#HHSN271200800038C).
Most Recent Reviews: SBIRT
CTI Content Review: Thu, 1/5/2017
CTI Editorial Review: Mon, 1/9/2017