This activity is designed to change: Competence, Performance, Patient Outcome. 2hr(s)
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Screen patients for tobacco use
- Provide brief counseling interventions for patients who are not ready to quit tobacco and for patients who are ready to quit
- Use motivational interviewing skills when providing tobacco interventions
- Recommend or prescribe pharmacological interventions for patients who are quitting tobacco use
- Follow up appropriately after providing tobacco interventions and intervene for relapse prevention
Modules in this Training Activity
Audience and Accreditation
Audience: Primary care providers and counselors
Letter of Completion: A letter of completion for 2 hours is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
Initial development of this activity was supported by a contract from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#HHSN271200800038C), a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#HHSN271200800038C).